The Alexander Technique is movement education that frees us from the force of our habits.
Our bodies are designed for movement. By returning our bodies to our natural poise, we can ultimately:
- Optimize both athletic and artistic performance
- Enhance presentation skills
- Avoid repetitive stress injuries
- Improve posture, breath, and voice
- Develop better balance and coordination
- Relieve or lessen back and joint pain
- Alleviate stress
- Release painful patterns of muscular tension
- Improve range of motion
- Increase joint flexibility
Experts estimate that upwards of ninety percent of disease is stress-related. And perhaps nothing ages us faster, internally and externally, than high stress.
Alexander Technique lowers stress by alleviating tension, bringing the body into balance and improving coordination.
As a result, breathing improves, and the brain receives more oxygen, promoting health and wellbeing.
Several years ago, the British Medical Journal did a study on the Alexander Technique and back pain. Click on the video above to view!